Scyclide Schuboltz

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Simple gift for life
I made another first today because MERALCO launch their blood letting program. Since it was my first time to donate blood I was scared and nervous. My friends also playing tricks on me regarding their experiences in blood donation, of course what they are telling to me is their worst experience although I know that they are lying, but still I am nervous. Because of that I thought I will never get to pass the screening due to my blood pressure.
When my name was called by the med. tech. my heart pumps faster and there’s no turning back because if I do that my friends will laugh at me. The med. tech. told me to lie down in the bed to begin the process and by the time he says “Hingang malalim” I was surprised that the needle was placed in my shoulder already. It doesn’t hurt in fact I was surprised that blood is already flowing into the tube. While my blood is running through the tube I can feel the warm temperature of it. 10 minutes after I was done and the bag was full, the med. tech. told me to relax for another 10 minutes. After that I feel light as if I gave something that it important.
Blood is something that cannot be produced by pharmaceutical laboratories. I just hope what I gave today will be use in someone that is in need of it. I wish that my 500 cc bag of blood will go a long way in saving lives.

No comments: